Did you know that more than half a our global population of 7 billions people are aged under 30? Young people are part of us, they are the present and the future; let’s together provide them with safe, nonjudgmental spaces that provide them healthier options and practical tools to make the right decisions for their world.
My work with young people & emerging leaders: Helping young emerging leaders Define, Design and Display the life they want to lead: 15 to 35 years. This age is where most decisions that contribute, in most cases to the path that the individual will make for the rest of the life takes place. The ultimate vision is to make sure that young people’s voices are heard at all levels.
The challenges we are working at solving are:
- Young people feel disempowered: The spaces they see actionable and character building knowledge are either not adequate, damaging or not well directed: i.e.: unregulated made, peers, addiction in drugs, alcohol, sec and other
- Young people do not feel empowered to use the right resources, either because of lack of access, not knowing that they exist, not knowing that they can use them, not knowing how to use them or asking for them
- Adults looking after the young people would like to see: increased productivity in young people; young people making the right decisions; young people knowing how to make the right decisions; young people speaking up, being confident having high self esteem; young people have the tools that will help them to pursue their dreams, be outstanding, set and exceed their goals
Young people’s biggest tools are their voices, minds and innate talents. The DYL Coaching Youth Link helps young people discover, harness and use these tools effectively. It offers:
- Safe, non-judgmental spaces to explore, discover, harness their voices
- Healthy alternatives for self discovery, exploring and harnessing their talent
- Practical tools for measurable results; for continual, directed, decision and empowers living
In collaboration with education institutions, youth, church, corporate and other organizations packaging practical tools with measurable results to make sure that young people make well-informed decisions toward the life journey they want to take.
Sessions with young leaders are carried out:
- Face to face through online and to in person group workshops
- Online includes webinars on Skype or zoom; and via apps such as WhatsApp
- Specific topics are also tackled through our short courses: LINK for SHORT COURSES
My coaching of young people, is grounded in both academic and professional experience. Below are some of my academic experience in youth related issues:
- Evaluating the Ministry of Health’s child protection case management system in ESwatini (formerly known as Swaziland)
- Assessing psychosocial support needs for children living with cancer at Parirenyatwa Hospital
- Advocating for children and adolescents living with HIV. Research published in the form of a Monograph viable on Amazon: AMAZON
- Lead Writer on a National Report on violence against children in Zimbabwe with UNICEF
- Evaluating a sexual and reproductive health program administered in Manicaland, Zimbabwe
- Evaluating a grief intervention administered to young people with HIV living through multiple losses of close family members due to HIV
- Cognitive testing of research questionnaires for children with HIV
- Perceptions of HIV educational materials with junior council members and other young people
- managing a clinically based program providing psychosocial support needs of children with HIV
Coaching youth in action
Are you an institution that wants to see its young people learn, grow and become the best version of themselves?
Are you a young person needing help to figure out your next steps? To figure out your purpose? To make better decisions? To know the right questions to ask so you can make better quality decisions for all aspects of your live?
If yes to any of the above, EMAIL Barbara so we can arrange initial contact.
In the meantime, we have curated SHORT COURSES that may of use to you.