DID YOU KNOW that more than half of our global population is aged 30 and below? Young people are part of us, they are the present and the future; let’s together provide them with safe, nonjudgmental spaces that provide them healthier options and practical tools to make the right decisions for their world.
THE CHALLENGES WE ARE WORKING AT SOLVING ARE:
Young people feel disempowered: The spaces they see actionable and character building knowledge are either not adequate, damaging or not well directed
Young people do not feel empowered to use the right resources, either because of lack of access, not knowing that they exist, not knowing that they can use them, not knowing how to use them or asking for them
Adults looking after the young people would like to see: increased productivity in young people; young people making the right decisions; young people knowing how to make the right decisions; young people speaking up, being confident having high self esteem; young people have the tools that will help them to pursue their dreams, be outstanding, set and exceed their goals
IN COLLABORATION with education institutions, youth, church, corporate and other youth-centered organizations, the sessions I provide, are carried out: Face to face through online and to in person group workshops. Online includes webinars on Skype or zoom; and via apps such as WhatsApp. Specific topics are also tackled through our short courses: LINK for SHORT COURSES
my Academic experience in youth related issues:
- Evaluating the Ministry of Health’s child protection case management system in ESwatini (formerly known as Swaziland)
- Assessing psychosocial support needs for children living with cancer at Parirenyatwa Hospital
- Advocating for children and adolescents living with HIV. Research published in the form of a Monograph viable on Amazon: AMAZON
- Lead Writer on a National Report on violence against children in Zimbabwe with UNICEF
- Evaluating a sexual and reproductive health program administered in Manicaland, Zimbabwe
- Evaluating a grief intervention administered to young people with HIV living through multiple losses of close family members due to HIV
- Cognitive testing of research questionnaires for children with HIV
- Perceptions of HIV educational materials with junior council members and other young people
- Managing a clinically based program providing psychosocial support needs of children with HIV
ARE YOU AN INSTITUTION that wants to see its young people learn, grow and become the best version of themselves? Are you wanting a more conscious dimension to your prefect induction programs?
ARE YOU A YOUNG PERSON needing help to figure out your next steps? To figure out your purpose? To make better decisions? To know the right questions to ask so you can make better quality decisions for all aspects of your live?
ASPIRING & CURRENT PREFECTS / MONITORS
DO YOU HAVE A PREFECT OR STUDENT MONITOR SYSTEM in your school? Have you ever thought of how we can start teaching our emerging leaders the way of Conscious Leadership?
What we can look at together, is the definite shift in leading and protecting the vision & purpose of the school, as opposed leading or managing other students.
- The role of leadership in any capacity, comes in helping others understand why certain behaviors are good and others are not. When this is explained with reference to the school or organization’s purpose, vision and values, there is easier and quicker buy-in, in most cases, to the behavior aligned to that.
- It stops being about the individual, but a realization that we are all in this together and what one person does, affects everyone else and the school at large.
- Emphasis on the why is what any leader should focus on: protecting, guarding and guiding the purpose, the vision of what they are leading.
- This allows students an opportunity to behave better and do better because of that collective vision.
- Punishment stops being this really bad thing, but an opportunity to reflect, assess and understand how one’s behavior has deviated away from the collective purpose; and a chance to learn more and make amends.
- In addition, it helps students choose to be around like minded people, choose the right friends and also call out those who may not be following rules; by reminding them of the why and sharing examples of the how. This allows everyone involved the opportunity to step up to good behavior because of the reason why.
- Behavior is determined through the values of the school. How do we embody the values, as opposed to memorizing them. The embodiment is how we can align our behaviors.
- Being a prefect stops being focused on the hierarchy and the individual, but as a system of guidance and cooperation. Without a vision, people will perish right? So what can leaders do, to share that vision open and transparently, so that all involved can move toward it with open eyes and understanding of the larger cause. We can include all of the above in prefect inductions if not there already.
- This all leads to more conscious leadership, inclusive, clear and focused. This is what leadership should be all about for any corporation, organization, business and its leaders